Meridian Capital Limited is seeking individuals to support its communications team. The senior copywriter with financial journalism experience will be responsible for collaborating on the conceptual development of key stories which will be shared with the media.
The individual should be exceptionally skilled with wordsmithing for a range of marketing initiatives including brochures, direct marketing, email marketing, advertising, social media and verbal communications. The majority of content will be in the financial, luxury and lifestyle space with an ability to write concisely and clearly being critical to this role.
A seasoned writer, you will be able to translate a brief into clear, concise messaging, ready for press and often on a tight deadline. Experience within Private Equity, Banking, Tourism or Luxury Group communications valued. You will be able to adapt to a fast-paced, challenging and evolving role across a spectrum of client programs in diverse sectors. Background in public affairs or public relations preferred.
- Develop high level written communications
- Annual reports, Press releases, Brand communications, Brochures & 360 Media communications across print and digital media.
- Write and edit copy as requested by internal clients or on specific projects
- Excellent grammar: world-class writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Capacity to write for both consumer and BtoB
- Proven experience working with financial clients
- Knowledge of best practices for email/direct mail marketing
- Experience creating strong press releases that engage with media
- Media liaison and capacity to communicate effectively with media
- Results-oriented and ability to collaborate well with others whilst being individually resourceful
- Bachelors degree, preferably in English, Communications, Journalism or Financial Services
- 5 years of professional experience in copy-writing
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Asana or other shared workflow systems knowledge a plus.